1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted 5 times
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 eggs, separated
2 cups sour cream
3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Spray waffle iron with vegetable cooking spray and heat on high.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and baking soda together.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks thoroughly and add sour cream and melted butter.
- Stir yolk mixture into dry ingredients as quickly as possible.
- In a medium bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites lightly and carefully into batter.
- Put about ? to 1 cup of batter into waffle iron.
- Bake 2 1/2 to 3 minutes (depends on waffle iron)
- Serve garnished as desired.
These waffles will melt in your mouth.