Whether you are an Inn guest enjoying our freshly prepared breakfast each morning, or just looking for that truly special place to share a meal with someone special, we are here to meet your every need at our Mercersburg, PA restaurant.
Byron’s Dining Room is open Thursday through Sunday and features delectable meals elegantly prepared and plated for an unforgettable dining experience. Turn your dinner into the ultimate date night and stay at our top rated Mercersburg, Pennsylvania bed and breakfast!
Gourmet Dining at Byron's Dining Room
Byron's Dining Room is the restaurant at The Mercersburg Inn, bed and breakfast in Pennsylvania. Lauded by guests and critics alike, Byron's Dining Room offers delectable evening meals prepared by Executive Chef Dan Nowalk.
Visit us in Mercersburg, Thursday through Sunday, and savor a memorable meal in front of the fire in our beautiful, wood-paneled dining room. We also have a full-service bar that is open to the public, offering seasonal drinks and cocktails year-round.
Take Out Service
- Take out is available for pick up from 5 pm to 8 pm on Friday and Saturday.
- All orders are 20% off for take out.
- Pre-orders are required.
- Preferably, place an order a few hours prior to pick up.
- Call (717) 328-5231 to place your order.
Chef: Dan Nowalk
Chef Nowalk brings 25 years of culinary expertise. His career has offered him a wide range of experience, working with some of the top chefs on the east coast. His skills and ability made Byron's Dining Room the finest dining in the Southern Pennsylvania/Northern Maryland area.
The Tile Room (formerly the library) is a large, bright, and sunny bar with a large fireplace.
We stock a large selection of liquor, wines and beer.
Private and Corporate Parties
We specialize in weddings, elopements, and any other private and corporate events such as anniversaries, showers, retirement, sweet sixteen, etc. in an unforgettable country setting. Our upscale party venue can accommodate a variety of private and corporate party themes.
You can decorate tables with flowers and candles to make your event special.
New Porch Dining Coming Soon
The West Porch is an open-air covered porch that is a great setting for spring and summer dining and relaxing in the open air on a summer’s night. We will be offering various seasonal dishes and drinks. Enjoy a relaxing dinner on our lovely porch with overlooking the trees, flowers, birds, fireflies, etc.
The restaurant is temporarily closed except for Take Out and Room Service.
- Thurs. - Sat Dinner. - seating - 5:30 - 8:30 PM
- Sun Brunch. - seating - 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- Sun Dinner. - seating - 5:00 - 8:00 PM
- Reservations recommended, call 717-328-5231
Our menu changes seasonally. Please call us if you have any questions.
If you are vegan or vegetarian, or have any dietary restrictions, please let us know in advance. We can make special dishes for you.
Creamy Polenta $8
With sauteed Artichokes, Heirloom Tomatoes, and Goat cheese
~Soups / Salads~
Leak and Potato Soup $6
The Inn’s Classic Caesar $7
With Gorgonzola Cheese, Toasted Sesame and Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Baby Spinach Salad $9
With Toasted Walnuts, Gorgonzola Cheese and Honey Vinaigrette
Char-Grilled Filet of Beef $37
With Sautéed Portabella Mushrooms, Bacon and
Gorgonzola Cheese. Served with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Broiled Chilean Seabass $30
With Sautéed Artichoke Hearts, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Calamata Olives, and Fresh Basil. Served with Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Sautéed Shrimp $30
With Preserved Lemon and Garlic Confit. Served with Leek Risotto
Brandied Chicken with Mushrooms and Walnuts $28
Sauteed Breast of Chicken with Brandy. Served with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Fresh Pasta $22
Our own “hand-made” Fettuccine
With Sautéed Artichokes, Sun Dried Tomatoes,
Kalamata Olives, Capers, Fresh Basil
With Marinated Grilled Chicken $28
Chocolate Truffle Tart $7
Raspberry Tiramisu Lady Fingers layered with Raspberry and Sweetened Mascarpone $7
Breakfast at Mercersburg Inn
When you stay at the Mercersburg Inn, complimentary breakfast is included every morning and served in a sunlit breakfast room. Steven and Tomi will delight you with recipes that have been a favorite at the Inn for many years. Whether you choose a light, continental breakfast or a three-course breakfast, you'll start the day very satisfied.
With advance notice we will make every attempt to accommodate your dietary need including gluten free, vegetarian, lactose-free and more. Please just let the Inn know in advance.
In-Room Breakfast is Available
Enjoy your private breakfast on our lovely balcony or room.
Jump start your day with our Three-Course Breakfast
Breakfast begins with many delicious choices.
- Chilled Fruit Juices
- Apple, Cranberry, Orange Juice
- Seasonal Fresh Cut Fruit
- Selection of Yogurt
- Our Homemade Granola with Old Fashioned Oats, Sliced Almonds, Melted Butter, Honey, Brown Sugar, Toasted Coconut, Raisins and Dried Cranberries
- Assorted Flavors of Instant Oatmeal
- Hot Chocolate, Fresh House Brewed Coffee and a Selection of Flavorful Tea Bags for Hot Tea
Enjoy one of our homemade coffee cakes or local made cupcakes. Coffee cakes can be served warm or cold.
- Our coffee cakes are a sweet rich crumbly cake with added fruits, nuts, and spices and is sometimes glazed with streusel topping after baking.
- Creamy Banana Coffee Cake
- Apricot Plum Coffee Cake
- Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake
Our main course changes each day so that you can enjoy an assortment of breakfast food during your visit. You may be offered one of the following scrumptious dishes, usually complimented by either applewood bacon or maple sausage patties.
- French Toast Custard has thick sliced bread, soaked in a custard batter and baked in the oven for a crisp and golden outside; with a creamy, custardy, almost bread pudding like texture on the inside. Served with syrup, butter, and powdered sugar.
- Our Quiche is a flakey crust pastry filled with a mixture of milk, fresh cream, and farm eggs to create a moist and creamy filling that is light and airy. We add various ingredients such as, cheese, onion, spinach, mushrooms to create a savory hearty breakfast entrée.
- Spinach Quiche
- Cheese Quiche
- Mushroom Quiche
OR You can Choose from any one item below
- Belgian Waffle
- Eggs Made Your Way
- Muffin of the Day
Each dish will be complimented by either apple wood bacon or maple sausage patties.
8:00 am - 9:30 am daily
Breakfast is complimentary for guests staying at the Inn.
Breakfast is also available to the general public.
The general hours for breakfast is between 8 and 9:30 am; however, with the prior notification, the hours can vary.
Please call us at 717-328-5231 to ask for pricing and make a reservation.
We get many requests for our breakfast recipes. Our current favorites are below.